Valleys and Villages Tour 2019
02 August 2019 - 04 August 2019
At Royal Wootton Bassett RFC
Ballards Ash Sports Ground, Malmesbury Road, Royal Wootton Bassett, SN4 8DS
Organised by: Mike and Lynda Heelis
The event is organised by the Devizes and District Motor Club.
The price of £75 is per car which includes a breakfast bap and coffee, morning coffee and cake, hot evening meal and a rally plate. This money is payable by each participant direct to Devizes and District Motor Club per enclosed hyper link.
Tulip and descriptive route instruction, with map as well as interesting facts is also provided.
The start and finish will be at Royal Wootton Bassett RFC. The first car leaves about 9.30am and returns about 4.30pm.
If needed there are many local hotels nearby and in Swindon.
A brief outline of the event is to enjoy driving the open down land roads of North Wessex and the
northern edges of Salisbury Plain. See Five white horses, The Avenue at Avebury and the
Lambourne gallops. Morning coffee under the scarp of the hills, close to ancient
Uffington, in a picturesque village. Lunchtime in central Hungerford with opportunity to explore the
town or just to picnic. Breakfast, morning coffee and sit down evening meal included in
the, unchanged, entry fee of £75
There are THREE options to participate in the WFTR lead up to this event:
1 Drive down on the day
2 Stay overnight Saturday in the Wiltshire Hotel (TBC dependant on bookings and space) see http://the-wiltshire.co.uk/
3 Stay two nights Friday and Saturday in the Wiltshire Hotel (TBC dependant on bookings and space) see http://the-wiltshire.co.uk/
1. For those staying at the Wiltshire Hotel, Royal Wootton Bassett and would like to run down from our area to the hotel on Friday 02 Aug as a group:
a. Meet at Newlyns Farm Shop and Cafe (Lodge Farm, North Warnborough, Hook, Hants RG29 1HA) anytime between 1330hrs and 1500hrs for lunch or early afternoon tea. Mike and Lynda will be there from 1330 hrs.
b. At 1500hrs depart Newlyns Farm Shop and Cafe bound for Wiltshire Hotel (approx 65 miles using a combination of roads, but predominantly beautiful "off A roads" drive). Route card to be provided.
c. Arrive and book in to hotel approx 1645 - 1700 Hrs
d. There will be an organised run and visit to the Bristol Aerospace Museum http://aerospacebristol.org/visit/ on the Saturday for those staying Friday and Saturday (or early starters to stay one night could also join us on Saturday if they wished to)
2. For those travelling down independently on the day meet us at The Wiltshire Hotel for supper.
3. For those travelling down to meet at Royal Wootton Bassett on Sunday 04 Aug meet us at the Wootton Bassett Rugby Club.
4. The organisers will e-mail all registered participants ahead of the event with more detail of what is to occur on the day.
5. The event will be started at the Royal Wootton Bassett Rugby Club (Malmesbury Road Royal Wootton Bassett SN4 8DS) with first car away at 0930hrs on Sunday 04 Aug.
6. When you have parked at the Rugby Club proceed to the Club House Foyer where you will be able to sign on and receive your road book. After collecting this book proceed to the notice board to jot down any amendments required to it prior to event commencement.
FOR THOSE REGISTERING FOR THIS EVENT PLEASE SELECT OPTION 1, 2 or 3 SO WE KNOW WHAT HOTEL BOOKINGS ARE REQUIRED.
Look who's coming: Terry Schraider, Tim & Avis Option 1, David Hankin (option 3), Mike and Lynda Heelis, Barry & Jenny, Laurence Holt, Marilyn & Mike Ellis, Graham and Michelle, Steven Polden, James & Trisha (option 2), Steve & Chris Moss, Kevin & Pat Warwick, Jeff & Lesley Roberts
There are 25 people coming.
Register for this event
Enter your details below