Drive It Day 2022 – South East Event
24 April 2022
A South East TR Group Region Event and Drive It Day Run
From 8.30 am
At Chatham Dockyard
The Historic Dockyard Chatham, Main Gate Road, Chatham ME4 4TZ
Organised by: Mike Heelis
This combined South East Region Drive it Day event will take place at Chatham Dockyard, Kent. Kent Group are the focal point organisers with support and assistance being provided by other SE area Groups and our Area Director, Jeff Roberts. Planning is advancing rapidly the latest update from which is:
1. The Dockyard are expecting us to arrive between 10.30am and 11.00am.
2. Pre-payment of £18.00 per head into WFTR bank account is required and will include lunch which will be taken in the Commissioners House (see feature pic). Once pre payment is received a gold wrist band will be issued to facilitate entry to the dockyard and lunch. No wrist band means queueing at the gate plus a charge of £20.00 per head. There will be an additional payment of £5.00 per head for anyone wishing to see the "Call the Midwife Experience" and another different colour wrist band will be issued.
STOP PRESS 180120 - Just received the following about Call the Midwife Experience from the organisers:
These start at 2.00, 2.30 and 3.00pm and each will have a duration of approximately one hour. They will start from the Memorial in front of the destroyer, HMS Cavalier. When purchasing a ticket (Blue Band) members may express a preference for a particular start time. Please keep a note of the names and preferences of all those participating. When the tour schedules are organised we will aim to fit people in at their preferred time . However, it must be understood that preferred times cannot be guaranteed. Tours are limited to a maximum of 25 participants and in order to manage costs our aim will be to fill each tour.
3. There are two free tours, the Victorian Ropery and HMS Ocelot, a Cold War era submarine. Additional paid attractions/tours in addition the 'Call the Midwife' experience and a Jetboat ride of Chatham harbour may be available upon future notification (more detail in due course).
4. It is proposed that lunch would be served from 12.30pm and that immediately before this we would assemble all our members in the Museum Square for a group photograph. We have preliminary permission from the Dockyard to erect the TR Register gazebo there with our parked TRs.
6. The Historic Dockyard is spread over 88 acres. In addition to the various tours there's more than enough to be seen and to do both indoors and outdoors to keep everyone busy for the day. With potentially up to 150 or so TRs in attendance it should make for a great spectacle and a fantastic day out for everyone, so please encourage as many of your members as possible to attend.
Intention is that we meet and then run to the Dockyard from the The Hogs Back Services, Tongham, Farnham GU10 1EU meeting at 8:30a.m. for a 09:00a.m. departure (by motorway [1hr:20mins and 70miles]). For those wishing to go a non motorway route then that will be around 2hrs:5mins and 69miles) and be by independent arrangements.
Please pay your entry fee as soon as you are able into the WFTR bank account - payment advice code: CHATname.
Register for this event
Enter your details below