Valleys and Villages Tour 2018
05 August 2018
At Royal Wootton Bassett RFC
Ballards Ash Sports Ground, Malmesbury Road, Royal Wootton Bassett, SN4 8DS
Organised by: Mike and Lynda Heelis
The event is organised by the Devizes and District Motor Club.
The price of £75 is per car and includes a breakfast bap and coffee, morning coffee and cake, hot evening meal and a rally plate.
Tulip and descriptive route instruction, with map as well as interesting facts is also provided.
The start and finish will be at Royal Wootton Bassett RFC. The first car leaves about 9.30am and returns about 4.30pm.
If needed there are many local hotels nearby and in Swindon.
The tour is in three sections of around 35 miles each, they are divided by coffee at Crofton beam engines, lunch in Hungerford (this is your choice).
There are TWO options to get to the start of this event:
1 Drive down on the day
2 Stay overnight in the Wiltshire Hotel see http://the-wiltshire.co.uk/
1. For those staying at the Wiltshire Hotel, Royal Wootton Bassett and would like to run down from our area to the hotel as a group:
a. Meet at Newlyns Farm Shop and Cafe (Lodge Farm, North Warnborough, Hook, Hants RG29 1HA) anytime between 1330hrs and 1500hrs for lunch or early afternoon tea. Mike and Lynda will be there from 1330 hrs.
b. At 1500hrs depart Newlyns Farm Shop and Cafe bound for Wiltshire Hotel (approx 65 miles using a combination of roads, but predominantly beautiful "off A roads" drive). Route card to be provided.
c. Arrive and book in to hotel approx 1645 - 1700 Hrs 2. For those travelling down independently on the day meet us at The Wiltshire Hotel for supper.
3. For those travelling down to meet at Royal Wootton Bassett on Sunday 05 Aug meet us at the Gerald Buxton Sports Ground (Brinkworth Road, Royal Wootton Bassett SN4 8DS) Car Park at 0900 hrs. The Sports Ground is almost opposite the entrance to the Rugby Club (just before and on the right when arriving from the West. Rugby Club is on the left when travelling in the same direction).
4. The organisers will e-mail all registered participants ahead of the event with more detail of what is to occur on the day.
5. The event will be started at the Royal Wootton Bassett Rugby Club (Malmesbury Road Royal Wootton Bassett SN4 8DS) with first car away at 0930hrs on Sunday 05 Aug.
6. When you have parked at the Rugby Club proceed to the Club House Foyer where you will be able to sign on and receive your road book. After collecting this book proceed to the notice board to jot down any amendments required to it prior to event commencement.
Register for this event
Enter your details below