by Graham on 5 Dec 17 in Social
10 March 2018
Have your TR inspected
At Crowns Classics
Unit 16D, Crown Year, Crown Road, St Margarets, Twickenham, TW1 3EE
Organised by: Jeff
This free inspection is not about criticising your car but it give you the opportunity of viewing your car safely from the underside. You will be told if anything is not correct especially if it is about safety. You are asked not to congregate under the cars for safety and insurance implications.
It is free and there is no obligated in any way to Crown Classics but if you would like to use their services for any work needing to be done you will receive a discounted labour.
Crown Classics are open on Saturday from 8.00 a.m. 'til 12.00 noon. Jay the owner and our host for the morning is expecting us from around 8.30am although earlier arrivals are welcome (albeit he will probably be moving some vehicles around to clear his garage for us).
Depending on where you are starting from you may prefer to join a group of us to drive down to Crown Classics.
Looking at the addresses of those attending, Camberley seems to be a reasonably central meeting point for at least 6 of us, so it is proposed we meet just off the A30 London Road in the car park of Waitrose, Bagshot, GU19 5DG, opposite the Forresters Pub. The journey will take about 40 mins so we need to be ready to set off by 7.45am. Toilet facilities are available in the supermarket but no fuel, so please come prepared.
The route is straight forward and is as follows:
- Join the M3 at Bagshot and continue straight on.
- At the end of the M3 continue straight on folowing the A316 Chertsey Road (2nd exit over 3 roundabouts).
- At the fourth roundabout, on entering Twickenham take the third exit (right turn) into St Margarets Road A3004.
- Continue for a short distance down St Margarets Road.
- Immediately on passing St Margarets Railway Station (which will be on your right hand side) turn right into Amyand Park Road.
- Follow the road for approximately 150 yards and turn left into Bridle Lane.
- Follow the road down to the end. Enter Crown Classics where you will find parking (mainly to your right).
If you intend joining us at Waitrose to travel down together, please confirm your intention to me (Jeff) so that we know to expect you.
For those travelling to Crown Classics individually and not as part of our convoy be careful with the GPS instructions you may receive. Google will direct you further down St Margarets Rd, past the station to turn right into Crown Lane. Jay tells me the entrance to his yard via this route will not be open on Saturday morning. So, if following GPS follow the instructions into St Margarets Road and then turn right into Amyland Park Road as described above.
During the morning, sausage and bacon rolls and a selection of hot and cold beverages will be available for a charge of £5 per person.
There are 12 places available.
Register for this event
Enter your details below